- 1 lb. spinach
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs coarsely chopped
- 8 crisp cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic quartered
- Half cup of salad (canola) oil
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Fourth cup of cider vinegar
Step by Step:
- Wash spinach, remove stems and break leaves into bite sized pieces. In a salad bowl, lightly toss with onions, eggs, bacon, and a dash of pepper. Refrigerate covered for about 2 hours.
- For the dressing, marinate garlic in salad oil for at least one hour. Just before serving, remove garlic and discard. Combine garlic oil and salt in a small bowl. Mix lemon juice and vinegar. Then gradually add to oil, beating well with rotary beater. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat spinach. Serve.