- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons of oil (I have never used this when I make it)
- Half cup of chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Half teaspoon of ground pepper
- One and a fourth teaspoons of salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of minced parsley (I very rarely use this either)
- 2 6 ounce cans of tomato paste (or one 12 ounce can works too!)
- 1 and a half cup of water
- 12 lasagna noodles (I guess you don’t have to cook them if you use the “no boil” lasagna noodles)
- 3/4 pound of mozzarella cheese (I normally use a full pound)
- 3/4 pound of cottage cheese
Step By Step:
- Brown and drain the beef, pork, oil, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, bay leaves, and parsley mixture
- Add tomato paste, water, and cottage cheese to the beef and pork mixture.
- When it is time to assemble the lasagna search for and remove the bay leaves from the beef/pork mixture (this is the fun part, your guests will thank you for removing the little guys)
- Now layer the pasta, meat mixture, and cheese into a large baking pan (I start with a small layer of meat mixture to reduce sticking to the side of the pan after cooking, I also like to make sure that all the corners of the pasta are tucked in before putting it in the oven because I really hate burnt pasta ends)
- Throw that into a 350 degree (F) oven for 30 to 40 minutes
- Allow to cool after removing it from the oven
Serve with large amounts of garlic bread
Mmmmm. Now that’s good eats!
There is a reason I am putting all these recipes here. I am at home right now so I need a convenient, safe place to put these. The best place was here.