- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons of oil (I have never used this when I make it)
- Half cup of chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Half teaspoon of ground pepper
- One and a fourth teaspoons of salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of minced parsley (I very rarely use this either)
- 2 6 ounce cans of tomato paste (or one 12 ounce can works too!)
- 1 and a half cup of water
- 12 lasagna noodles (I guess you don’t have to cook them if you use the “no boil” lasagna noodles)
- 3/4 pound of mozzarella cheese (I normally use a full pound)
- 3/4 pound of cottage cheese
Step By Step:
Brown and drain the beef, pork, oil, onion, garlic, pepper, salt, bay leaves, and parsley mixture
Add tomato paste, water, and cottage cheese to the beef and pork mixture.
When it is time to assemble the lasagna search for and remove the bay leaves from the beef/pork mixture (this is the fun part, your guests will thank you for removing the little guys)
Now layer the pasta, meat mixture, and cheese into a large baking pan (I start with a small layer of meat mixture to reduce sticking to the side of the pan after cooking, I also like to make sure that all the corners of the pasta are tucked in before putting it in the oven because I really hate burnt pasta ends)
Throw that into a 350 degree (F) oven for 30 to 40 minutes
Allow to cool after removing it from the oven
Serve with large amounts of garlic bread
Mmmmm. Now that’s good eats!
There is a reason I am putting all these recipes here. I am at home right now so I need a convenient, safe place to put these. The best place was here.